Wholesale Price High Precision Aluminum Spur Gear
Gear transmission relies on the thrust between gear teeth to transmit motion and power, also known as meshing transmission. With this gradual meshing, helical gears operate much more smoothly and quietly than spur gears. Therefore, almost all automobile transmissions use helical gears.Since the teeth on the helical gear present a certain angle, the gears will be under a certain amount of stress when they mesh. Equipment using helical gears is equipped with bearings to withstand this pressure.
1. Produce strictly in accordance with ANSI or DIN standard dimension
2. Material: Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Brass, Bronze, Iron, Aluminum Alloy etc
3. Bore: Finished bore
4. Precision grade: DIN 5 to DIN 7
5. Surface treatment: Carburizing and Quenching
6. Module: From 1 to 8
7. Tooth: From Z15 to Z70
|Product name||Spur Gear & Helical Gear|
|Customized service||OEM, drawings or samples customize|
|Materials Available||Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, S45C, SCM415, 20CrMoTi, 40Cr, Brass, SUS303/304, Bronze, Iron, Aluminum Alloy etc|
|Heat Treatment||Quenching & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching, High-frequency Hardening, Carbonitriding……|
|Surface Treatment||Conditioning, Carburizing and Quenching,Tempering ,High frequency quenching, Tempering, Blackening, QPQ, Cr-plating, Zn-plating, Ni-plating, Electroplate, Passivation, Picking, Plolishing, Lon-plating, Chemical vapor deposition(CVD), Physical vapour deposition(PVD)…|
|BORE||Finished bore, Pilot Bore, Special request|
|Processing Method||Molding, Shaving, Hobbing, Drilling, Tapping, Reaming, Manual Chamfering, Grinding etc|
|Pressure Angle||20 Degree|
|Size||Customer Drawings & ISO standard|
|Package||Wooden Case/Container and pallet, or made-to-order|
|Machining Process||Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching, Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping|
|Applications||Printing Equipment Industry, Laser Equipment Industry, Automated Assemblyline Industry, Woodening Industry, Packaging Equipment Industry, Logistics storage Machinery Industry, Robot Industry, Machine Tool Equipment Industry|
|Main Markets?||North America, South America, Eastern Europe , West Europe , North Europe, South Europe, Asia|
|How to order?||* You send us drawing or sample|
|* We carry through project assessment|
|* We give you our design for your confirmation|
|* We make the sample and send it to you after you confirmed our design|
|* You confirm the sample then place an order and pay us 30% deposit|
|* We start producing|
|* When the goods is done, you pay us the balance after you confirmed pictures or tracking numbers.|
|* Trade is done, thank you!!|
If you are interested in our products, please tell us which materials, type, width, length u want.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Automation Equipment|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Rolling Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
Can aluminum gears be used in automotive applications?
Aluminum gears can indeed be used in automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Weight Reduction: Aluminum is a lightweight material compared to traditional options like steel. By using aluminum gears, automotive manufacturers can reduce the overall weight of the vehicle, which can lead to improved fuel efficiency and performance.
2. Corrosion Resistance: Aluminum gears can offer good corrosion resistance, making them suitable for automotive applications where exposure to moisture, road salt, and other corrosive elements is common. Proper surface treatments or coatings can further enhance their corrosion resistance.
3. Noise and Vibration Dampening: Aluminum gears can help reduce noise and vibration levels in automotive applications. The damping properties of aluminum contribute to a quieter and smoother operation, enhancing the overall driving experience.
4. Design Flexibility: Aluminum is highly formable, allowing the production of gears with complex shapes and intricate designs. This design flexibility can be advantageous in automotive applications where space constraints or specific gear geometries are required.
5. Heat Dissipation: Aluminum has good thermal conductivity, which helps dissipate heat generated during operation. This is especially beneficial in automotive applications where gears may be subjected to high temperatures due to heavy loads or intense driving conditions.
6. Cost-Effectiveness: Aluminum gears can offer a cost-effective solution for automotive manufacturers. The abundance of aluminum as a raw material and its relatively low cost compared to other metals make it an attractive option for mass production.
7. Specific Automotive Applications: Aluminum gears are commonly used in various automotive systems. For example, they can be found in transmissions, differentials, power steering systems, and engine timing systems. The specific performance requirements and operating conditions of these applications are carefully considered during gear design and material selection.
It’s important to note that while aluminum gears have many advantages, they also have limitations. Aluminum is not as strong as some other materials, and in high-torque or heavy-load automotive applications, alternative materials like steel or cast iron may be preferred for their higher strength and load-bearing capabilities.
In summary, aluminum gears can be successfully used in automotive applications, providing benefits such as weight reduction, corrosion resistance, noise and vibration dampening, design flexibility, heat dissipation, and cost-effectiveness. The suitability of aluminum gears depends on the specific requirements, operating conditions, and performance trade-offs of the automotive system in which they are used.
Are there specific design considerations for using aluminum gears?
Using aluminum gears requires specific design considerations. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Material Selection: Aluminum alloys have different mechanical properties and characteristics. When designing aluminum gears, it’s important to select an alloy that meets the specific requirements of the application. Factors to consider include the desired strength, hardness, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and thermal conductivity of the gear. The selected alloy should be suitable for the operating conditions and loads expected in the application.
2. Strength and Load Capacity: Aluminum is generally not as strong as some other materials like steel or cast iron. Therefore, when designing aluminum gears, it’s important to carefully consider the anticipated loads and stresses they will experience. Structural analysis, such as finite element analysis (FEA), can help determine the gear’s load capacity and structural integrity. Reinforcement techniques or incorporating additional support structures may be necessary in high-load applications.
3. Heat Dissipation: Aluminum has good thermal conductivity, which allows it to dissipate heat effectively. However, in applications where gears generate significant heat, thermal management becomes critical. Designing gear systems with proper cooling mechanisms, such as fins, heat sinks, or forced air circulation, can help prevent overheating and maintain optimal operating temperatures for the aluminum gears.
4. Gear Geometry: The design of aluminum gears should consider factors such as tooth profile, module, pressure angle, and tooth thickness. The gear geometry affects the gear’s load-carrying capacity, efficiency, noise level, and overall performance. It’s important to ensure proper tooth engagement, minimize stress concentrations, and optimize gear meshing characteristics to achieve the desired functionality and durability.
5. Lubrication: Lubrication is essential for aluminum gears to minimize friction, wear, and heat generation. Design considerations should include providing adequate space for lubricant reservoirs, channels, or oil passages to ensure proper lubricant distribution across the gear surfaces. The gear design should also facilitate efficient lubricant retention and minimize the risk of lubricant leakage or contamination.
6. Noise and Vibration: Aluminum gears can contribute to noise reduction due to their damping properties. However, the gear design should aim to further minimize noise and vibration levels. Considerations include gear tooth profile optimization, gear tooth surface finish, backlash control, and the use of noise-dampening features such as gear coatings or sound-absorbing materials.
7. Manufacturability: Designing aluminum gears should take into account the manufacturability aspects. Aluminum is a highly formable material, allowing for complex gear shapes and intricate designs. However, considerations such as casting or machining processes, tooling requirements, dimensional tolerances, and surface finish specifications should be addressed to ensure consistent and cost-effective production.
8. Compatibility with Other Components: Aluminum gears are often used in conjunction with other components within a larger system. It’s important to ensure compatibility between aluminum gears and other materials or components they interact with. Factors such as galvanic corrosion, differential thermal expansion, or material compatibility should be considered to prevent premature failure or performance issues.
By addressing these specific design considerations, aluminum gears can be effectively utilized in various applications, taking advantage of their unique properties and benefits.
How do aluminum gears compare to other materials in terms of weight?
Aluminum gears have distinct advantages when it comes to weight. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Lightweight Nature: Aluminum gears are significantly lighter compared to gears made from other materials such as steel or cast iron. Aluminum has a lower density than these materials, resulting in gears that weigh less for the same size and shape.
2. Weight Reduction Benefits: The lightweight nature of aluminum gears offers several benefits:
- Improved Energy Efficiency: The reduced weight of aluminum gears contributes to improved energy efficiency in machinery. With lighter gears, less energy is required to rotate or move the gears, resulting in reduced power consumption.
- Reduced Inertia: The lower weight of aluminum gears reduces the inertia of rotating parts. This enables quicker acceleration and deceleration, leading to improved responsiveness and overall performance of the machinery.
- Easier Handling and Installation: Aluminum gears are easier to handle and install due to their lighter weight. This simplifies the assembly process and reduces the physical effort required for maintenance or replacement of gears.
3. Comparison with Other Materials: When compared to materials like steel or cast iron, aluminum gears can be up to three times lighter, depending on the specific alloys and manufacturing methods used.
4. Trade-off with Strength: It’s important to note that the lightweight nature of aluminum gears comes with a trade-off in terms of strength. Aluminum has lower strength compared to materials like steel, which limits the load-carrying capacity of aluminum gears. Therefore, aluminum gears are typically used in applications with lighter loads and lower torque requirements.
5. Application Considerations: The choice between aluminum gears and gears made from other materials depends on the specific application requirements. In applications where weight reduction is crucial, such as automotive or aerospace systems, aluminum gears can provide significant advantages. However, in applications with heavy loads or high torque, materials with higher strength, like steel, may be more suitable.
In summary, aluminum gears are notably lighter compared to gears made from materials like steel or cast iron. Their lightweight nature offers benefits such as improved energy efficiency, reduced inertia, and easier handling and installation. However, it’s important to consider the trade-off in strength when choosing aluminum gears for specific applications. By carefully assessing the weight requirements and load conditions, industries can determine whether aluminum gears are the optimal choice for their machinery.
editor by CX 2023-11-07