High Precision Standard Special Stainless Steel Spur Gear Aluminum Metric Steering
Spline Shaft Pinion Wheel Hobbing CNC OEM
|Material||1) Aluminum: AL 6061-T6, 6063, 7075-T etc.|
|2) Stainless steel: 303, 304, 316L, 17-4(SUS630) etc.|
|3) Steel: 4140, Q235, Q345B, 20#, 45# etc.|
|4) Titanium: TA1, TA2/GR2, TA4/GR5, TC4, TC18 etc.|
|5) Brass: C36000 (HPb62), C37700 (HPb59), C26800 (H68), C22000(H90) etc.|
|6) Copper, Bronze, Magnesium alloy, Delrin, POM, Acrylic, PC, etc.|
|Finsh||Sandblasting, Anodize color, Blackenning, Zinc/Nickl Plating, Polish.|
|Power coating, Passivation PVD, Titanium Plating, Electrogalvanizing.|
|Electroplating chromium, Electrophoresis, QPQ(Quench-Polish-Quench).|
|Electro Polishing, Chrome Plating, Knurl, Laser etch Logo, etc.|
|Main Equipment||CNC machining center(Milling), CNC Lathe, Grinding machine.|
|Cylindrical grinder machine, Drilling machine, Laser cutting machine, etc.|
|Drawing format||STEP, STP, GIS, CAD, PDF, DWG, DXF etc or samples.|
|Tolerance||+/-0.01mm ~ +/-0.05mm|
|Surface roughness||Ra 0.1~3.2|
|Inspection||Complete inspection lab with Micrometer, Optical Comparator, Caliper Vernier, CMM.|
|Depth Caliper Vernier, Universal Protractor, Clock Gauge, Internal Centigrade Gauge.|
|Capacity||CNC turning work range: φ0.5mm-φ150mm*300mm.|
|CNC milling work range: 510mm*1571mm*500mm.|
Runsom, a company specializing in rapid prototyping and manufacturing, has decades of experience in
CNC machining, 3D printing, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, and die casting. Our engineering
team with extensive knowledge and experience utilizes the latest prototyping technologies and top-notch
machining equipment to provide comprehensive services to satisfy global customers’ requirements,
timescales, and specific needs. We are able to take your concepts or designs to reality production in just
days with our advanced machining technologies, extensive manufacturing experience, and a wealth of
Runsom Precision was established to give support to companies in the industries fields who continually
need to reduce their costs and meet tight deadlines. Our purpose is to ensure customer satisfaction by
providing first-class project management control and problem-free products.
Get a Quote
Q1: What’s kinds of information you need for quote?
A1: Kindly please provide the 2D/3D drawings (PDF/DWG/DXF/IGS/STP/SLDPRT/etc) and advise material
, finish, quantity for quoting.
Q2: What is your MOQ?
A2: MOQ depends on our client’s needs, besides, we welcome trial order before mass-production.
Q3: What is the lead time?
A3: Depending on your specific project and quantity.
Q4: Available for customized design drawings?
A4: Yes, please send the technical drawings to us. It’s better if you can send both 2D and 3D drawings if
Q5: If the parts we purchase from your company are not good, what can we do?
A5: Please feel free to contact us after you got the products. Kindly send us some photos, we will
feedback to our engineers and QC departments and solve the problems ASAP.
Q6: Are you a manufacturer or trading company?
A6: We are a manufacturer, we are located in HangZhou, China.
Q7: Will my drawings be safe after sending to you?
A7: Yes, we will keep them well and not release to third party without your permission.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Auto,Motorcycle,Aviation,Electonic,Medical,Home|
|Hardness:||According to The Drawing|
|Gear Position:||According to The Drawing|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Custom|
Can aluminum gears be used in automotive applications?
Aluminum gears can indeed be used in automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Weight Reduction: Aluminum is a lightweight material compared to traditional options like steel. By using aluminum gears, automotive manufacturers can reduce the overall weight of the vehicle, which can lead to improved fuel efficiency and performance.
2. Corrosion Resistance: Aluminum gears can offer good corrosion resistance, making them suitable for automotive applications where exposure to moisture, road salt, and other corrosive elements is common. Proper surface treatments or coatings can further enhance their corrosion resistance.
3. Noise and Vibration Dampening: Aluminum gears can help reduce noise and vibration levels in automotive applications. The damping properties of aluminum contribute to a quieter and smoother operation, enhancing the overall driving experience.
4. Design Flexibility: Aluminum is highly formable, allowing the production of gears with complex shapes and intricate designs. This design flexibility can be advantageous in automotive applications where space constraints or specific gear geometries are required.
5. Heat Dissipation: Aluminum has good thermal conductivity, which helps dissipate heat generated during operation. This is especially beneficial in automotive applications where gears may be subjected to high temperatures due to heavy loads or intense driving conditions.
6. Cost-Effectiveness: Aluminum gears can offer a cost-effective solution for automotive manufacturers. The abundance of aluminum as a raw material and its relatively low cost compared to other metals make it an attractive option for mass production.
7. Specific Automotive Applications: Aluminum gears are commonly used in various automotive systems. For example, they can be found in transmissions, differentials, power steering systems, and engine timing systems. The specific performance requirements and operating conditions of these applications are carefully considered during gear design and material selection.
It’s important to note that while aluminum gears have many advantages, they also have limitations. Aluminum is not as strong as some other materials, and in high-torque or heavy-load automotive applications, alternative materials like steel or cast iron may be preferred for their higher strength and load-bearing capabilities.
In summary, aluminum gears can be successfully used in automotive applications, providing benefits such as weight reduction, corrosion resistance, noise and vibration dampening, design flexibility, heat dissipation, and cost-effectiveness. The suitability of aluminum gears depends on the specific requirements, operating conditions, and performance trade-offs of the automotive system in which they are used.
How do aluminum gears handle shock and impact loads?
Aluminum gears can effectively handle shock and impact loads. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Material Strength: Aluminum alloys used for gears exhibit good strength properties, allowing them to withstand sudden shock and impact loads. While aluminum is not as strong as materials like steel, proper gear design and material selection can ensure that aluminum gears meet the required load-bearing capacity for specific applications.
2. Flexibility and Ductility: Aluminum possesses inherent flexibility and ductility, which can help absorb and distribute impact forces. When subjected to shock or impact loads, aluminum gears can deform slightly to dissipate energy and reduce the risk of immediate failure. This characteristic allows aluminum gears to handle sudden and high-intensity loads without catastrophic damage.
3. Resilience: Aluminum gears have a certain degree of resilience, meaning they can recover their original shape after experiencing deformation from shock or impact loads. This resilience allows aluminum gears to continue functioning effectively even after encountering transient high loads.
4. Design Considerations: Proper gear design is crucial for handling shock and impact loads effectively. Engineers can incorporate features such as reinforced tooth profiles, optimized gear geometry, and appropriate surface treatments to enhance the strength and durability of aluminum gears. These design considerations help distribute stress evenly across the gear teeth, minimizing the risk of localized failures.
5. Load Distribution: Aluminum gears can distribute shock and impact loads over a larger contact area, reducing the concentration of stress on individual gear teeth. This load distribution capability prevents localized stress points and helps prevent premature tooth wear or breakage.
6. Surface Treatments: Surface treatments like shot peening or case hardening can be applied to aluminum gears to enhance their resistance to shock and impact loads. These treatments introduce compressive stresses on the gear surface, improving its fatigue strength and resistance to crack initiation and propagation caused by sudden loads.
7. Compatibility with Other Components: Aluminum gears can be designed to work in conjunction with other components in the system to handle shock and impact loads. By considering the overall system dynamics and ensuring compatibility between gears, bearings, shafts, and housing materials, the entire system can better absorb and distribute impact forces, improving its overall resilience.
8. Testing and Validation: Aluminum gears undergo rigorous testing and validation processes to ensure their performance under shock and impact loads. These tests simulate real-world operating conditions, including sudden impacts and high-intensity loads, to assess the gear’s durability and reliability. Manufacturers rely on these tests to verify that aluminum gears can handle the expected shock and impact loads in specific applications.
In summary, aluminum gears handle shock and impact loads through their material strength, flexibility, ductility, resilience, design considerations, load distribution capability, surface treatments, compatibility with other components, and validation through testing. By employing appropriate design practices and material selection, aluminum gears can reliably and effectively handle sudden and high-intensity loads in various applications.
How do aluminum gears compare to other materials in terms of weight?
Aluminum gears have distinct advantages when it comes to weight. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Lightweight Nature: Aluminum gears are significantly lighter compared to gears made from other materials such as steel or cast iron. Aluminum has a lower density than these materials, resulting in gears that weigh less for the same size and shape.
2. Weight Reduction Benefits: The lightweight nature of aluminum gears offers several benefits:
- Improved Energy Efficiency: The reduced weight of aluminum gears contributes to improved energy efficiency in machinery. With lighter gears, less energy is required to rotate or move the gears, resulting in reduced power consumption.
- Reduced Inertia: The lower weight of aluminum gears reduces the inertia of rotating parts. This enables quicker acceleration and deceleration, leading to improved responsiveness and overall performance of the machinery.
- Easier Handling and Installation: Aluminum gears are easier to handle and install due to their lighter weight. This simplifies the assembly process and reduces the physical effort required for maintenance or replacement of gears.
3. Comparison with Other Materials: When compared to materials like steel or cast iron, aluminum gears can be up to three times lighter, depending on the specific alloys and manufacturing methods used.
4. Trade-off with Strength: It’s important to note that the lightweight nature of aluminum gears comes with a trade-off in terms of strength. Aluminum has lower strength compared to materials like steel, which limits the load-carrying capacity of aluminum gears. Therefore, aluminum gears are typically used in applications with lighter loads and lower torque requirements.
5. Application Considerations: The choice between aluminum gears and gears made from other materials depends on the specific application requirements. In applications where weight reduction is crucial, such as automotive or aerospace systems, aluminum gears can provide significant advantages. However, in applications with heavy loads or high torque, materials with higher strength, like steel, may be more suitable.
In summary, aluminum gears are notably lighter compared to gears made from materials like steel or cast iron. Their lightweight nature offers benefits such as improved energy efficiency, reduced inertia, and easier handling and installation. However, it’s important to consider the trade-off in strength when choosing aluminum gears for specific applications. By carefully assessing the weight requirements and load conditions, industries can determine whether aluminum gears are the optimal choice for their machinery.
editor by CX 2023-11-03